Fat & Skinny lyin' in a bed, Fat rolled over and Skinny was dead.

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

11 Days and Counting...

So, I'm 11 days into my 21 Day Sugar Detox and although I've lost about 5 pds (yay!), I don't know that I feel all that much different.  

I have to say that I don't have any real CRAVINGS for the missed sugar or the carbs, but boy it takes a lot of work and planning to do this.  I've tried new vegetables and either I don't like them or I need someone else with more skill to prepare them for me.  I did like the zucchini 'fries' (a lot like eggplant) and the summer squash fritata was good too, but putzy to make.  I also made shrimp scampi for the first time and it turned out terrific.  Hated the parsnip stew, and the spaghetti squash was only so-so.  

Baking with almond or coconut flour is a pain and not appealing without the sugar. 

I'm surprised at how easy it was to stop munching on chips or whatever has been brought into the office.  Carrot sticks and string cheese are my new best friends.  I do miss my morning yogurt.  Plain yogurt with walnuts, cinnamon and vanilla is still plain yogurt - blech.

I caught a cold yesterday so eating has been an issue for these past two days and with Don's surgery tomorrow I'll be too busy to worry about eating much.

Think I'll be glad when this is over and it has definitely made me aware of what's good and what's bad out there so although I won't have to be as strict (yay - fruit!!), I will try to continue modifying my eating habits.

No comments:

Post a Comment